ATEL Capital Group is an international financial services company that for over 37 years has offered its clients a wide array of financial solutions including equipment leasing, asset-based lending, venture finance, lease administration and asset management. Since its inception, ATEL has sponsored sixteen publicly registered programs as well as nine private investment programs.
Institutional Sales Director: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING
San Francisco, California
ATEL Ventures is an absolute return venture debt fund with a 17-year history of providing secured venture loan financing to emerging growth companies funded by top-tier venture capital firms. ATEL targets deals are $1 million to $10 million, ranging from 24-48 months, with a 10% to 20% interest rate as well as warrants ranging from 5% to 10% of the loan amount. These senior secured loans are collateralized by equipment or blanket liens to provide downside protection.
ATEL Ventures is a subsidiary of ATEL Capital Group, one of the largest privately held independent asset management companies in the US serving a wide range of industries. Founded in 1977, ATEL Capital Group prices, structures, and funds equipment leases to Fortune 1000 companies.
The primary focus of this individual will be to introduce ATEL Ventures to new investors and raise funds for its institutional venture debt program.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing all aspects of ATEL Ventures’ sales, marketing and service process for institutional, intermediary (wealth advisory and RIA) and family office channels. The person will also support ATEL in marketing to institutional investors in the equipment leasing programs sponsored by ATEL.
- Possess or develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of ATEL Ventures and ATEL Leasing and of the venture debt and leasing investment strategy.
- Present knowledgeably on all aspects of investment management expertise to both prospects and current clients.
- Develop/execute a coordinated direct solicitation program aimed at winning investment mandates for UHNW, pensions, endowments/foundations, family offices, etc. Deliver regular sales presentations/RFP responses to prospects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key intermediaries and consultants by working with prospects/clients as a partner; understanding, anticipating and meeting their needs on a timely basis.
- Managing and implementing the sales process to systematically qualify and pursue key and appropriate allocators in the space.
- Develop deep understanding of Intermediary and Consultant investment process including how to complete RFI/RFP.
- Maintain close, positive, on-going relations with clients in order to strengthen candidacy for future mandates
- Increase market awareness and enhance firm’s brand name by hosting events/attending conferences/participating in associations and by increasing market visibility
- This is an entrepreneurial position with room to make a significant contribution and the rewards that come from success.
- 5-10 years of direct investment sales experience covering institutional, intermediary, and family office channels.
- BA/BS degree required; MBA and/or CFA or CAIA preferred
- Generalist institutional client experience preferred, but relationships in the following spaces particularly desirable: consultants and wealth advisors
- Knowledge of competitive products/distribution systems/consultant trends
- Track record of stability and success a must
- Superior integrity, work ethic, and written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Drive to succeed and ability to develop relationships and win final presentations will be key measures of success
- Must be able to travel 50% of his/her time.
Send resume, salary history and a brief explanation of why you are the best fit for this position.